[Glug-nith-discuss] Our very own distro!

From: Arjun Shankar
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Our very own distro!
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:59:49 +0530

Hi all,

VIvek, Sagar and I were hanging on #glug-nith today, and after much
confusion over which distro Sagar should switch to, we sort of
thought, 'why not make our own?'.

I am not talking about getting a top entry in distrowatch. I'm not
even talking about getting an entry in distrowatch at all. This could
be an educational experience for us, if nothing else.

So, if you think we should do it, please reply to this mail with the
subject line 'Re: Our very own distro!' (as it should be) and the
first line in the body in the format:

<package manager>

Which basically means the package manager you would like to see in it.
(I don't see much sense in writing our own, but if thats what you want
to vote for then feel free to do so).

We could also go in for picking up the sources from a distro that uses
the package manager (i.e. In a way, simply customizing their ISO, and
making our own builds and repos). In this case, I guess it can't
really be called 'Our very own distro', but who cares! ;)

I've never done this kind of thing before, and I guess most people on
this list have not, so it will be a very good experience for all of
us.

After that mandatory first line, feel free to discuss/criticize/comment.

Arjun