Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding latest status on Software Freedom Day

From: Vivek Shah
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding latest status on Software Freedom Day in College
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:08:42 +0530

Hello,
> I had voiced my doubts earlier on #glug-nith to 'bonii' (ie., Vivek
> Shah) but he never said something conclusive. Wonder what the current
> status is.

What you say is true that we are running a very short session on Python and
GCC/Make/GDB but to be honest we are planning the prizes on the criteria that
whatever we teach in the short time we will give problems based on that. Its
like a practical tutorial on the lecture that preceded it.

Sometimes people might not be interested enough to turn up for a lecture. Adding
a bit of competition might just add a bit more of enthusiasm both to the event
as well as to the hands-on tutorial sessions.
Nothing is fixed as such. I would like to take the consensus of everybody on
this matter. Thanks for pointing it out on the mailing list, Debarshi.

Regards,
Vivek
--
When a girl marries she exchanges the attentions of many men for the
inattentions of one.