Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] pidgin installation

From: vivek shah
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] pidgin installation
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 14:49:07 +0530

On 8/5/07, Ashwini Dhiman <address@hidden> wrote:
> I downloaded the source for PIDGIN 2.1.0 on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn and
> while configuring it through ./configure I got the following messages
<snip>
>what is the solution....????

See if the package build-essential is installed on your system. If it
is not, install it and then the problem might be solved.
You can do:
sudo apt-get install build-essential -y to do the same thing if you
want to use the terminal.
After this follow the procedure to install pidgin from source.

Also did you first check if Pidgin is available as a Ubuntu package
using Synaptic. Its always better to install a package through a
package manager than source if it is available as a listed package.

Regards,
Vivek
--
Put a rogue in the limelight and he will act like an honest man.
                -- Napoleon Bonaparte, "Maxims"