Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Website Maintenance

From: Vivek Shah
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Website Maintenance
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:37:41 +0530

> I have the following suggestions in this regard:
>
> 1. Use MediaWiki
> 2. Make sure popular old links (that show up on google) still work.

I too had the same thing in mind regarding MediaWiki. The iLUG-Cal site looks
cool with MediaWiki. It would be better if others also pich in with their
suggestion for how the site should be. The whole GLUG-NITH community should
have a say before we decide on the shift.

> If you have a wiki based site, you can split it into sections and take
> responsibility for the section you like most.
>
> For example, Sagar can handle Gaming (a very important thing in an institute
> like ours), while Vivek takes care of our very own 'distrowatch' (You know a
> bit about some _weird_ distributions, right Vivek?).. and so on.

That would be the best part as we can segment work that way and at the same
time make sure that the sections that each person handles will stay up to date.
About distros Arjun I guess you mean Blag-Blag Linux :-)? Right now Arjun I am
getting Ubuntu Feisty to install on Agam's pc. Thats off the record though.

Regards,
Vivek

--
When a girl marries she exchanges the attentions of many men for the
inattentions of one.