Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Last GLUG meet for the semester

From: Vivek Shah
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Last GLUG meet for the semester
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 12:36:21 +0530

On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 02:27:00AM +0530, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
> >i guess people who have enough problem,will come to the your room
>
> I do not want them to come to my room. Or anybody's room for that
> matter. The reason is that if you want the number of users to grow,

Exactly it very odd to see people asking repetitive problems whose solution you
get first time you search on the net and when people keep on coming to your room
asking for help without themselves trying to sort it out or at least mailing
in the mailing list or using the irc channel it is not what you expect.
True we are all here to help each other out but then the person in trouble
should try on his own ie how you learn a lot more than your problem too.

> So what does one do when he needs help? First of all he asks Google.
> ie., he/she searches on the World Wide Web. If that does not help,

Well said Debarshi that is what ideally should be done. Lets take this mailing
list for example if you have problems post it here and whoever can will help
the person out. Through a mailing list a person has the option to reaching out
to a lot of people and according to probability has a greater chance of solution
than going to people in their rooms.

Regards,
Vivek
--
When a girl marries she exchanges the attentions of many men for the
inattentions of one.