Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Pro-E installation and support for GNU/Linux in

From: Manu G.V
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Pro-E installation and support for GNU/Linux in future
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 18:59:04 +0530

On 4/6/07, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> Main Pro-E license server runs on RedHat machine (domain name:
> matlab.ac.in)  and even Pro-E client runs on it

Last time, the client was not working on the same machine on which the
server was installed. Is it working now?

Its working now. This machine hosts 3 software(Pro-e, Fluent, Matlab)
license servers.

> which gave me a hope to get it running on fedora.

I would suggest you give CentOS a try. CentOS is a RHEL without the
Red Hat support.

I have never tried this man. Someone can give a try for this.

>     It took lot of time to figure out problems and packages required.
> Recently I was able to install Pro-E which doesn't work still as there
> are lot of problems still.

What problems?
It didn't get installed in the directory(/usr/ptc) I specified. It
gave some errors saying it could not unzip some files. I couldn't go
through the problems in detail as time was 1720hrs so lab assistant
had to go.

>  I want some people to take interest in this installation and support
> stuff as there is very little time for me to teach a lot of stuff to
> the lab assistant who knows very little about GNU/Linux.

Is the lab assistant keen to shift to GNU/Linux on those machines to
be used for CAD, or for the other machines used for Internet, word
processing, etc. also?

For both.

>     College has even got FLUENT(software for fluid analysis) for
> GNU/Linux. I have even tried this and also installed but it never
> worked.

What was the problem?
Bin file never worked. I really didn't understand as it said error in
some line in some file. I opened that file and I couldn't understand
so I left it.

--
manu