[Glug-nith-discuss] [Important] Razorblade might be inaccessible.

From: Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] [Important] Razorblade might be inaccessible.
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:53:31 +0530

Razorblade might be inaccessible over the week-end, because the
institute is giving up the 512Kbps line that it was till now, and the
machine has to be shifted to the 2Mbps line. Although we had requested
the institute system administrators make this change as transparently
as possible, I do not know what they have done.

Since this change might result in a new global IP being assigned to
Razorblade, the DNS entries for all the domains being hosted on it
need to be updated. I will take care of all *.glug-nith.org domains,
but can someone here take care of the festnimbus.org domain? This is
very important since any change in the global IP might render all
these domains unreachable for sometime. The list of potential victims
are:
a. http://glug-nith.org/
b. ftp://glug-nith.org//
c. http://fedora.glug-nith.org/
d. http://iste.glug-nith.org/
e. http://hillffair.glug-nith.org/
f. http://festnimbus.org/

I (and Rakesh & Arjun) are going to enquire about the status, but
honestly can not guarantee anything. :-(

Thanks,
Debarshi
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7