Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] apt-get error

From: divya sharma
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] apt-get error
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:51:06 +0530

i had asked vivek for his sources.list and even tried replacing mine with his copy...it still doesn't work :(
and i guess my apt.conf is correctly set....am still attaching a copy below...

APT::Authentication::TrustCDROM "true";
Acquire::http::Proxy "http://pgh:address@hidden:3128/";

regards
divya

On 3/14/07, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> to install a new package using apt-get or synaptic, it is unable to fetch
> the package and returns a 404 page not found error...i m also not being able
> to use apt-get update or upgrade as the same error is returned...

I tried to open http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ on a Web browser and
it successfully opened the page, so there should not be any problem
with the remote repository.

I do not know much about Debian's package management, APT and Synaptic
but have you correctly set your proxy for APT to use?

In the worst case, you can ask some of the Ubuntu regulars to give you
their copy of the configuration files.

Arjun, Vivek what is the status of the local Ubuntu mirrors?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7