[Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding jigdo for fast downloading of Debain cd im

From: Vivek Shah
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding jigdo for fast downloading of Debain cd images
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:53:43 +0530

hi,
   Getting downloads of cdimage is a problem at times because of our clogged
college network and also the remote server. In case of cdimage downloads this
is more so because there are few cdimage mirrors which increase bottlenecks.
This is where jigdo comes in handy for Debian. As most Debian mirrors do not
have cdimage jigo downloads all files that are on cd and thus gives an exact
of cdimage. Check this link out for details and instructions
http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/

I think this works for Debian only. Correct me if I am wrong
Regards,
Vivek
--
Be nice to people on the way up, because you'll meet them on your way down.
                -- Wilson Mizner