Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Ubuntu Edgy Eft 6.10 CDs

From: vivek shah
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Ubuntu Edgy Eft 6.10 CDs
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:49:54 +0530

manu abt the problems a few days back i guess rishi had replied tht he wud try to sort out this fact with a ubuntu india developer whom he will be meeting if i am not wrong n yes this problem with vi is strange i installed it in the lab n this problem came up n since most people in labs use vi so i didnt install edgy but opted for dapper else people would go running helter skelter but i guess this problem might get fixed if we choose the right keyboard layout we always use english us but edgy gives loads of options though i m nt sure n Khushboo installed edgy on hers n wen she was facing this problem with vi i suggested her to use emacs.......... guess otherwise she wudnt have dont it :-D so if Debarshi finds a solution with this keyboard vi panga i guess getting edgy cds wud be worth it cos then in Apil people can upgrade to Feisty

Regards,
Vivek
--
Put a rogue in the limelight and he will act like an honest man.
                -- Napoleon Bonaparte, "Maxims"