glue

Re: [Evolution] CALL FOR SPONSORSHIP: The Open Group Ware Project

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Evolution] CALL FOR SPONSORSHIP: The Open Group Ware Project
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 20:18:03 -0800

> Absolutely.  We need to define the functions, define an architecture
> they fit into, then address each function within that architecture.  It
> doesn't mean you have to have a complete blueprint before you start, but
> you have to resolve interdependencies and make sure one module's
> implementation doesn't conflict with another's (eventual)
> implementation.  By just jumping in you waste time and end up having to
> either throw away code or force subsequent code to accommodate mistakes
> made in the first round.

I agree that a core design needs to take place before any code is
written. But beyond that im going to start building the OGS Server
wrapper to phpGroupWare as a test bed. If things need to change, tahts
fine... wrappers are not usually that hard to tweak.

> I'll start a thread called "What Is OGS?".  It's time for us to start
> sharing knowledge about the different parts of the elephant.

We might as well start this thread on the OGS mailing list. Look on
www.ogsproject.org for the details.
I only registered the domain today, so the DNS records may not be fully
into affect for a couple days.

Seek3r