Re: [glob2-devel] YOG hosting/diagnosis

From: Othniel Graichen
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] YOG hosting/diagnosis
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:54:37 -0500

He said that the passwords *are* encrypted.
Noone should use the same password for everything.
I dont.
Maybe that is why I object to having another password to remember.
Making me the perfect person to host YOG.

Since I dont care to brute force "free" game access passwords.

I do appreciate the map rating system.

As an avid player against the AIs, I rate them on fun as a "single player" map.

Someone else would rate the map as on fun in a LAN environment.

Yet a third might evaluate the maps usability via YOG.

A new person might be interested in a ranking as to ease of playability.  For this
scale "Neighbors"  is #1 followed by "Small for Two" and then "Ring for 2"

My point is there is no BEST map using a single scale.

So since you are asking us to vote on a scale of 1-5, what
criteria *IS* being judged.  How is this data to be used?

When the list of maps is shown, only the name is shown.

What about educational value?

For example, "water in the desert" which was broken by the new fertility algorithm.
That map is still very high in educational value.

Also, Weakness.  Someone broke the educational nature of that map over the years.  It was designed not to allow the swarm to produce warriors.  Someone must have thought it a bug and "Fixed" it.  Used to be very educational.

So what is being rated?  Fun, complexity, learning, local, Lan, YOG?

Too many parameters to use a single 1 to 5 rating.

In my humble opinion.

BTW: I give that opinion a 5.

OMG