Re: [glob2-devel] glob2 without X

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] glob2 without X
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:33:02 +0100

Brian Cloutier wrote:
> Are you asking for a volunteer?
Yes!
> I don't have the time necessary to finish the project. But I have some
> time soon I can use to get the ball rolling if you want.
Well, rolling balls are ... what we have a lot i guess. I'm trying to
establish a new way of maintening in that you can fork glob2 from
http://bitbucket.org/giszmo/glob2/ for example and announce once it is
worth being merged and we merge it into "trunk" then. this way you don't
need write access to trunk or provide single patches. the down side
might be that the idea of "worth being merged" differs but normally
working features would definitely be reintegrated.
> I think the easiest way to approach this would be
> to separate everything into a libyog, and then add a server binary.
Actually I hoped to hear from the old developers that this is already
done somehow as I can't believe they designed yog without headless
servers in mind.
But else: Feel free to work on it. My approach would rather be to split
it into a headless part and a GUI lib so the server runtime does not
need the GUI lib but maybe there is much more stuff that is not actually
used in the server.
> What do you think?
go for it. it would be great if we could run the server without x :)

Regards,

Leo Wandersleb