Re: [glob2-devel] explorers and forbidden zones

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] explorers and forbidden zones
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 00:05:16 -0700

Bradley Arsenault wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     Donkyhotay wrote:
>     > I'm not certain if it's still the case but at one time explorers
>     > couldn't attack building and didn't have any armor against
>     getting hit
>     > by towers. This made them very vulnerable to towers and created a
>     > classic RTS triangle where warriors < explorers < towers < warriors.
>     > This was about 2 years ago or so and I have no clue if this is still
>     > relevant but I thought it was a good idea.
>
>     we didn't make them attack buildings again but warriors are not really
>     turret-killers. L3 turrets are way too strong atm.
>

> I agree. I set the armor a bit too high for l3, it should be set done
> to l2 levels.
>
> --
> Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.

I definitely agree there. if you are trying to break into a base that
has 5-6 lvl 3 towers at a chokepoint entrance, it's nearly impossible to
break through it, especially if there's a row of wall in between and a
few warriors assisting in defense. lvl3 towers need a bit of an adjustment

As for explorers, they're really not as hard to counter as you would
think. they're really weak and end up going back to base quite quickly
after being hurt. But, to improve on the counter, what about this:
explorers that can't attack ground get a slight damage boost to other
explorers, but when they turn into ground attack their air attack damage
is cut in half, and air damage can still be delivered while an explorer
is heavily injured, however ground damage can't.

Kyle