Re: [glob2-devel] User manual ready!

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] User manual ready!
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 02:50:41 +0100

Hi Adrian

enarxe wrote:
> The spanish user manual is ready to use!

Great work! Well I can't verify what you've wrote but I guess it was great work
;)

> http://globulation2.org/wiki/Es:Manual_de_Usuario
>
> Please, redirect
> "http://globulation2.org/wiki/index.php?title=Es:User_Manual&action=edit
> <http://globulation2.org/wiki/index.php?title=Es:User_Manual&action=edit>"
> to "http://globulation2.org/wiki/Es:Manual_de_Usuario";

You can look at http://globulation2.org/wiki/Template:Translations to see how
that works. It is not nice to have the English titles in the Spanish version. I
understand that but for now, switching languages only works that way. I've moved
your article to http://globulation2.org/wiki/Es:User_Manual for that reason.

What you can do is check all back references of the User_Manual
http://globulation2.org/wiki/Special:Whatlinkshere/User_Manual

I see a problem there. Internationalisation is not an easy task :(
The user manual is linked in the main menu and there you can't be language aware
for now. Also being language aware would be bad in many cases as only the
english version is really kept up to date.

> I will translate the Further readings and the Download page in the next
> days.

Great. Guess we will need some more sophisticated internationalisation if we
ever get to the point of many languages actively being translated.

> PD. I have attached a revised version of the spanish language text file
> with a few corrections.

I will check that in. Thanx.

Kind Regards

Leo