Re: [glob2-devel] Re: USL Integration Begun

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Re: USL Integration Begun
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:07:56 +0200

On Thursday 31 July 2008 03:43:16 Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> I am wondering what the intended method of execution for USL scripts was
> planned to be? Like, was the script meant to be fully executed every frame?
> Was there meant to be a designated "main" evaluation? As far as I can tell,
> USL is a functional language, rather than imperative, which may make
> integration more difficult.

The idea was to execute all thread on every frame, and having a yield() native
function somewhere in the script that would stop execution for the current
frame. This, in addition to lambda abstraction, allows a very clean
implementation of all current wait condition and much more.

Pseudo code below:

def wait(cond:lambda)
{
        while (cond())
                yield()
}

But surely Marvelous can help you on this.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net