Re: [glob2-devel] Markets

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Markets
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 02:49:33 +0200

Bradley Arsenault wrote:
Exchanging as a battle or ally feature on markets, while clever, is mostly useless in a glob2 battle. I think it would be wise for us to completely get rid of this feature. Markets have accumulated a couple other nifty uses, such as improving the throughput on fruit, or to transport fruit to forward bases. However, exchanging as a feature is broken, and isn't particularly well documented anyhow

as to not confuse users i agree markets should get removed now but i want
markets in at some point (post 1.0) with all automatic features.
assigned units will collect resources that have checked checkboxes (inflow)
all markets serve as sources of the stored resources (outflow)
globally set ratios allow friends and hostiles to assign workers to my markets
to get access to the stored resources.
Example:
if i assign 5 workers to a friends market and set them to collect wheat and
stone ... see older post to that topic.

greetings, leo wandersleb