[glob2-devel] best game ever

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: [glob2-devel] best game ever
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:38:46 -0800

giszmo and I played this map, 512x64, craziest game I've played. 52
minutes long with constant attack from 7 minutes in.

I won :) but it really brought in a new level of strategy. I believe
it's called river? just about straight out of the map generator
(would need to ask giszmo about the rest of those details) at one
point we hit a combined total of 1100 units and close to 200 buildings.

The hardest part about it was I was owning him at one point, but
then I didn't expand forward fast enough and took a slight dip in
units because they were dying from hungry trying to race back to the
inns. He could've had me while my units were going back for repairs
and food, but there was just too big of a gap between us so his
units couldn't make it :P

Anyway, wanted to give mad props to all the developers working on
the latest release as I couldn't believe how stable the game was
with so many units and buildings on the map.

The only game issue was placing, modifying, and deleting flags and
trying to build new buildings got to be a bit laggy. doing anything
with flags was taking between 10-30 seconds depending on what my
other units were doing (attacking, etc) and ghost buildings (very
cool by the way) were taking 10-15 seconds before I was able to
modify units working on them.

Next up, doing this map with 4 people

cheers,
Kyle