Re: [glob2-devel] Hired Programmer

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hired Programmer
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:13:20 +0100

On Monday 04 February 2008 23:27:26 Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> I have officially been hired by Leo to work on glob2 as close to full time
> as I can, and for quite cheap I might add since I like Globulation 2.
> Despite some recent and farther back conflicts, as a hired programmer, my
> one and only purpose is to implement what the community desires.

That is a great news :-)

Thank you very much Leo for the continuing financial and emotional support for
the project. Now I have even more pressure for a great presentation; which,
of course, you'll be able to review before FOSDEM.

One thing that would be nice is a simple music theming system, as we have been
discussing for a long time (see relevant mail).

I think that supporting the best we can artists is very important. If we have
a look at Starcraft alpha:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:StarCraft_Alpha_Build.png
Compared to the finale:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Zerg_colony_(StarCraft).png
We can see that graphics does a lot!
To facilitate new graphisms, I've tried to put everything we have in the hg.

Although that this is not your work as a programmer, and I will try to attract
artists at FOSDEM, I feel it is very important to catch passing by artists by
providing them with excellent support.

In this sense, I would enjoy to see decoration graphics in glob2, small piece
of junks only there for the ambiance. In the campaign, it would be nice to
have wild animals (unit graphics theming support is built in the engine, just
not in the map editor). We should make glob2 enjoyable to mod.

So welcome back Bradley, I wish you, Leo, and Glob2 all best.

Steph

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net