[glob2-devel] re: should turrets attack

From: donkyhotay
Subject: [glob2-devel] re: should turrets attack
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:21:57 -0500 (CDT)

Thats what I was saying that there needs to somehow be way of specifying
official vs. unofficial maps if this is done. This means we either need to
create all official maps for online play. This is the solution proprietary
games use but I feel this wouldn't be good for an open-source system. My
recommendation (if we're going to do this) is to program glob2 to read a map
and give it a rating that tells people thinking about joining the game how
modded the map is. A map with no modifications would be 100% standard. A map
with modifications will see this number drop down. This way a player thinking
of joining a game can see that a map has a rating of 95% standard and will know
that it's only slightly different but a map thats 25% standard will mean it's
going to be extremely different. Personally I'm not certain that allowing this
type of customization is the best thing for glob2 however if this is what
people want then this is the best way of implementing it.