[glob2-devel] release policy

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: [glob2-devel] release policy
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:21:04 +0200

hi list

to me it is bad practise to publicly announce a new release as soon as we
decided to release it. reasons:
we regularly find bugs just after releasing
release dates are when there is only source available. that's not enough for
our gamers community.

i propose to make release versions ready and only announce the files on this
list and publicly announce it one week after the binaries for at least mac,
debian and windows have been completed. otherwise people come and see how it
goes and are frustrated as their platform doesn't run smoothly or because they
can't play against others as they have a different version.

greetings, leo