Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 project leadership

From: Vincent Deffontaines
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 project leadership
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:22:58 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Glob2 was started around 7 years ago, and for the first 4 years, was
> mostly developed by us (Nuage and Nct). Things changed those last three
> years. We now have a small but living community and a limited but good
> reputation on Internet. In addition, we do not have for Glob2 as much time
> and energy as we would like to: we both have time and mind consuming jobs.
>
> We think that Now is a good time for us to stop leading the project and
> let it live of its own wings. I thus resign from my position of "Great
> Quartermaster of the People" ;-) and would like to suggest Bradley as the
> new project maintainer, if he wants to. We will still contribute to Glob2
> in ideas, code and debug; and, at least for the debian part of Alpha 20, I
> will still conduct the release process. After that, if someone wants to
> take care of this, he would be welcome.
>
> We hope that Glob2 will continue to be the great special RTS game it is
> now, with its unique sides, but in the same time will smooth the user
> experience in order to attract more players. Just one advice : beware the
> war, the fun in Glob2 is building a community of stupid-but-cute
> creatures. A too well developed warrish side could kill it.
>
> Comments welcome of course. Have a nice day, and long life to Glob2.
>
> Nct (Stephane) & Nuage (Luc-Olivier)

Hi,

Not (at all) that I contributed code into glob2 (I only worked on
the debian packaging a while back). Apart from that I am mostly
a consumer/player.

But I am just willing to thank Stéphane and Luc-Olivier for starting
this project, which is indeed very interesting, and for bringing it to
what it is now.

Glob2 is much more innovative than most commercial games (3D blah
 blah), and that's just one great thing about Free Software (and Free
Games).

Cya,

Vincent

PS : I can't wait for alpha20 :-P