Re: [glob2-devel] On Echo AI System Dependancies

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] On Echo AI System Dependancies
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:29:06 +0200

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 05:24, Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> I'd just like to summarrize up the current dependancies for the Echo
> AI System. Currently, it depends on:
> 1) boost::logic::tribool
> 2) boost::shared_ptr
> 3) boost::tuple
>
> All three of these are header only libraries.
>
> As well, I'm in the process of embedding Lua, so we may, in the
> future, depend on:
> 1) Lua devel
> 2) Pretty much most of boost

Have you solved the serialization (load/save problem) and network-safe
(symmetric execution) issues of using an external scripting language ? Or do
you plan to modify glob2 to run the AI on a single computer (easier I think).

> The "most of boost" is because I've imported LuaBind into the source
> (not yet, but planning on it), and it says that it depends on Boost
> headers only (no linking required).
>
> This is allot of new dependancies, and as someone suggested the other
> day, this entire system should be made optional. I'm not exactly sure
> how to do this with autoconf, perhaps nct could give a few pointers.

You can have a look into Jelie (www.jelie.org) for example of optional
autoconf options. In addition, this online book might be usefull to you :
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html

Have a nice day,

Steph