[glob2-devel] Wierd Initialization bugs

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Wierd Initialization bugs
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 21:28:58 -0700

During the construction of my new AI system, i've come to notice that
on the map Big Pond, by the time the first tick is sent to the ai,
Building::shortTypeNum isn't initialized. This is odd, provided that
Building::posX and Building::posY are both initialized. Examine the
shell output if you'd like:

address@hidden src]$ ./glob2
Building initially found at (75,36)
Building initially found at (69,36)
Examining building
shortTypeNum=0
Swarm found
Examining building
shortTypeNum=0
Swarm found
updating management order
updating management order
address@hidden src]$ ./glob2
Building initially found at (75,36)
Building initially found at (69,36)
Examining building
shortTypeNum=33686018
Examining building
shortTypeNum=-1
address@hidden src]$ ./glob2
Building initially found at (75,36)
Building initially found at (69,36)
Examining building
shortTypeNum=3
Examining building
shortTypeNum=-640887428
address@hidden src]$

These where all executed one after another, same file, some
compilation. The locations of the building when they are "initially
found" is retrieved from Building::posX and Building::posY, meaning
these numbers are initialized correctly all three times. thiks is bad,
because my AI uses Building::shortTypeNum to identify the buildings it
first sees on the map.