Re: [glob2-devel] Refactoring

From: Sébastien
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Refactoring
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 07:20:46 +0200

> If you absolutely insist on writing it yourself (which both me and Kai
> exclaim is a very bad idea), try for a decent, convienent, easy to use
> design:
What's the difference between
std::cout<<format("Hello %, how are you today? I have been running %:% hours
long.") % "Bradley" % 3 % 5 <<std::endl;
And
std::cout<<format("Hello %0, how are you today? I have been running %1:%2
hours long.").arg("Bradley").arg(3).arg(5) <<std::endl;
? For what reasons is the first more decent, convenient or easy to use

> Regardless of my suggestions, you should use boost::format instead. It
> already handles all that printf handles, such as percision, and plenty
> more. It has already been debugging, etc
About you position on dependencies : yes it is a good thing for programmers
(but sometimes a pain for users), but if the dependency can be avoided by a
little class, maybe we can write this class...