Re: [glob2-devel] Mac OpenGL Bug ?

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Mac OpenGL Bug ?
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 15:20:40 +0200

By the way, what the speed-up ?

I don't know if it the same Martin talks about, but I noticed a huge speedup too, or rather no more huge slow down. When playing with about 3 AI castor the game gets slower and slower until the moment the AI decides to attack me the first time... The slow down was so big that I only had about 1 frame per second during 5min before being attacked.

The thing is that the AI is a good player [especially if there are 2 or 3 AI castor together it's a good balance for medium players] until the moment it attacks! If you can stand the first attack [which is easy with a correct amount of turrets and upgraded warriors], then the AI gets *much* less efficient and you can quietly make a lot of upgraded warriors to raze it.

Thus I had the impression in the alpha6 the AI was getting very slow in the first stage, and the game returned to a normal speed after the first attack. This is much less problematic with the pre-alpha7. But I'm not sure my conclusion is correct, just an impression...

Gabriel