[glob2-devel] News of the day

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] News of the day
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:13:38 +0200

Hello everyone.

News of the day :
- I got report of compilation failure on OS X. This is not glob2's fault:
The gcc
2.95-apple-bad-guy-that-add-non-standard-features-while-violating-the-gpl
version does an internal compiler error.
The gcc
3.3-pre-beta-this-is-developper-only-version-stupid-apple-guy-distribute-it-with-stable-dev-tools

fails some regression test of gcc 3.3 -- specifically, the one I have written
which is based on some libgag's particularity -- so it's all apple's fault.

- I've done some research on how to find the optimal way for doing GUI. Each
GUI in the field (QT, GTK, Java) try to find a nice approch and fails to have
a perfect one because of intrinsinc limitations of static programming
languages. I've decided to go for a good trade-off using dynamic attributes
(XML serialised classes) and static code. This will lead to another
large-but-mechanical modification of glob2's GUI codebase but we'll have a
good solution at the end.

Have a nice sleep,

Steph