[glob2-devel] Re: i can translate glob2 to czech...

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Re: i can translate glob2 to czech...
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:47:32 +0200

Hello,

> I can translate glom2 to czech, but I have a small problem(s) and few
> questions.

Cool :-)

> a) are all texts to translate in /usr/share/glob2/data/texts.txt ?

Yes. And as Glob2 uses a virtual filesystem. You can place a file in
~/.glob2/data/texts.txt that will be loaded instead the one in /usr/share so
you don't need to be root to do this.

> b) is possible to send you edited texts.txt? ...I haven't CVS. (sorry,
> I'm not good at linux, but I learn :-)

Yes. The problem is that Glob2 is not totally finished so some texts could
change. You can always grab the latest version from here :
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/glob2/glob2/data/

> c) code page is... what type of coding should I use for translated text
> (utf, iso, or what coding will be working ;-) ?

utf-8 :-)

> d) offtopic... does "campaing" work? (i have only deb package, where
> campaing doesn't work...)

No. We do not have a campaign yet. And yes, I should make a nice message
instead of an assert :-)

Thanks you really much for your contribution. I do appreciate it.

I forward this email to the glob2-ml. Unfortunatly this list is mainly french
but I'll do a international one in english soon. And you can always post a
question in english to the list, we will answer in english

Steph

> ps> glob2 is nice game ... good work :)

Thanks :-)