gksu-devel

Re: Tutorial

From: Gustavo Noronha Silva
Subject: Re: Tutorial
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 14:38:10 -0300

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 18:21 +0200, pch wrote:
> Hello,

Hey there!

> I can't find tutorial about GKSU.

There is no tutorial that I know of, though the API is well documented,
and quite easy to grasp, too.

> I write a program in gtkmm and I use raw socket. The root privileges are
> necessary.

So you need root privileges for your program, because of the raw socket?

> I want to write code which ask a root password and check it and perhaps
> run program for example like a Firestarter.

And you also need to run other programs as root, from inside your
program, is that it?

You can look at the code for the gksu program to understand how to use
libgksu.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <address@hidden>