ghm-discuss

[GHM 2022 in İzmir] Please confirm that you are interested, and Call for

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: [GHM 2022 in İzmir] Please confirm that you are interested, and Call for talks
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 00:07:46 +0200

Hello.

The GNU Hackers' Meeting in Turkey is becoming a more concrete idea.
However, if we are to confirm the meeting, we need to be convinced that
people will in fact attend.  Of course we cannot demand a final
confirmation so early, but we would like to hear some expression of
interest from potential attendees who have not replied yet.

This is unfortunately important: we cannot realistically organise an
event for an audience of three or four people.

As to the good news: A meeting room at Park Inn Hotel is available for
two days, Saturday October 1st and Sunday October 2nd 2022, for 65EUR
per person including coffee and snacks.

The venue is in a quite beautiful touristic area.  Accommodation is
possible at the same hotel, which is slightly fancy.  Alternatives
within a radius of half a kilometre from the venue are plenty: one can
find a room for prices between 35 and 120 EUR per person per night.

Of course we also need presentations; after we have enough I can sketch
a schedule and prepare an event web page.  Any technical presentation or
demo about GNU or free software is on-topic.

Please send your confirmation of interest and your talk ideas here to
the list, or to me in private.

In case of lack of demand we will have to unfortunately cancel the
event.

--
Luca Saiu
* My personal web site:  http://ageinghacker.net

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".