ghm-discuss

Re: Cancelling GHM 2020 (Hamburg) !?

From: Darshit Shah
Subject: Re: Cancelling GHM 2020 (Hamburg) !?
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 13:19:39 +0200

Hi Matthias,

On 6/18/20 12:54 PM, Matthias Prinz wrote:
Hi,

I was looking forward to Hamburg, even planned a trip to the
north with my wife. But it is as is is.

Am Samstag, den 13.06.2020, 19:15 +0200 schrieb Tim Rühsen:

The main idea of GHM is to meet in person and a virtual meeting just
can't replace that. BUT... I recently talked with Darshit Shah and he
is
preparing a video chat platform for GNU (no deadline yet). That would
allow us to virtually meet at will, e.g. to have a
coffee|beer|whatever
and talk. When the time comes, Darshit will let us know.

I would have submitted a speech about our new project, which
includes, among other free-software features, a video chat platform. :)

We could use this for GNU/GHM. I would be happy if there is
interest and we could try this out any time.

That sounds great. We should try it out.

I believe Tim misunderstood me when I told him that I'm trying some platform out. (Jitsi Meet). I meant, I'm trying it out for personal use, but I likely won't be able to provide it for 20-30 people to meet virtually.

We should look at the various free software options available for this. Maybe the FSF has some experience hosting and running a virtual conference?

Greetings,