ghm-discuss

Re: Cancelling GHM 2020 (Hamburg) !?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Cancelling GHM 2020 (Hamburg) !?
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 17:28:26 +0100

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 04:55:40PM +0100, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:

         due to Covid-19 pandemic we should cancel (physical) GHM 2020.

         Of course we could wait some more weeks to see how everything works
out,
         but I personally don't see any evidence for a calm down until then.

         Vaccines are on their way, but it's long way to get an approval for
         human application, at least here in Germany (like in whole Europe, I
guess).

         We could set up some sort of virtual meeting, like video conferencing,
         but we lose the part of meeting personally - one of the main reasons
for
         GHM.

         Are there any ideas / thoughts about this ?
         Should we wait some time before cancelling (e.g. beginning of May) ?

     I think that makes sense, if it is possible at your side.
     Who knows, things may have improved much by then (lets hope that.)

Whilst I feaer that GHM will probably have to end up being cancelled,
does it make any sense to do so now?   Are there any penalties for late
cancellation?

Perhaps we should wait on the (slim) hope that things will improve in a
few months.

J'