ghm-discuss

Re: Cancelling GHM 2020 (Hamburg) !?

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: Cancelling GHM 2020 (Hamburg) !?
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 16:55:40 +0100

    due to Covid-19 pandemic we should cancel (physical) GHM 2020.

    Of course we could wait some more weeks to see how everything works out,
    but I personally don't see any evidence for a calm down until then.

    Vaccines are on their way, but it's long way to get an approval for
    human application, at least here in Germany (like in whole Europe, I guess).

    We could set up some sort of virtual meeting, like video conferencing,
    but we lose the part of meeting personally - one of the main reasons for
    GHM.

    Are there any ideas / thoughts about this ?
    Should we wait some time before cancelling (e.g. beginning of May) ?

I think that makes sense, if it is possible at your side.
Who knows, things may have improved much by then (lets hope that.)