ghm-discuss

[Ghm-discuss] GHM 2020 First location proposals

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2020 First location proposals
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 12:38:32 +0200

Hi,

we talked about having GHM 2020 near Hamburg (Germany), but not directly
in Hamburg due to high venue prices. So John and I agreed on first
searching for something like we had in 2017.

Here are my pre-selected findings, would like to hear your opinions.

1) Youth hostel in Geesthacht
(https://geesthacht.jugendherberge.de/en/youth-hostels/geesthacht-520/portrait/).

Pro: Very cheap, enough rooms, 10-15min walk to Geesthacht City with
bars / restaurants / Supermarkets / Elbe / ...

Con: Only available from October - March (else full of school classes)

2) Vielank Brewery (https://www.vielanker.de/)

Pro: Nice rural place, good food (i have been there), bar + hotel
inclusive, full service, no need to go somewhere else.
Rooms: https://www.vielanker.de/hotel/
Seminar: https://www.vielanker.de/tagungen/

The food and rooms can be booked individually. So I can't name a fixed
price here.

Currently available 19-22 August and 26-29 August

Con: Relatively expensive

3) Bildungsstaette Luedersburg
(http://www.bildungsstaette-luedersburg.de/10.html)

Pro: Rural place, full service, cheaper than 2)

Currently available 26-29 August (reserved by me for two weeks from now on)

Con: Just 23 beds in 1 + 2 person rooms. There is accommodations nearby
in the village - but not sure yet if they are free during the time.

Please let me know, which one you prefer or if you don't like any of
them. We can always get a seminar room in Hamburg (e.g. I would ask the
CCC e.V. for support). But then accommodations are pretty expensive,
from what I can say. And we have to get lunch + dinner on our own.

I personally prefer 2) (Vielank) but also have no problems with any
other solution.

Regards, Tim