ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] First GHM 2018 Organizing Meeting

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] First GHM 2018 Organizing Meeting
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 14:38:21 -0400

Hi John,

> 1.  How long will it take between somebody paying, and us (the organisers)
> getting
> confirmation?  My guess is > 7 days.

For credit card payments, notification can be simultaneous with the
payment -- our system can copy a GHM organizer email address on the
receipts it sends out.

For other kinds of payment, it depends on how many there are. Probably
it'd be best to agree on some schedule, like a biweekly report until
some shorter period before the event, when we could do it more
frequently.

There is also the possibility I mentioned that GHM organizers could be
given access to log into our CiviCRM instance and see the event
registration details, which would show whether payment was received. I
have to verify that the access controls for that are reasonable, but
it's probable.

> 2.  If we have to draw money in advance, (Eg: to put down a deposit for a
> booking),
> how will that be possible? (will it be possible at all?)

We can generally do this sort of thing, though whether we'd be
comfortable advancing money that isn't yet in the GHM "account" would
depend on the amount.

It's sounding like we should probably set GHM up as a formal fiscal
sponsor project. We have an agreement for that (we just took on the
Seattle GNU/Linux Conference as a fiscal sponsorship project, which as
an event has similar needs).

-john

GPG Key: A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7 5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B
https://status.fsf.org/johns | https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<https://my.fsf.org/join>.