ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] Bringing in Hacker's Equipment ?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] Bringing in Hacker's Equipment ?
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 06:23:24 +0200

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 10:27:26PM +0200, Tim R?hsen wrote:

     Or is it all more about sitting and chatting and listing to talks and
drinking ?

I think that's about the size of it!     In case we have fine weather it would
be
great if someone takes the initiative to organise some kind of outdoor
actitivites
in the evenings.

     Are people expected to bring in some computer equipment ? What about
network
     at that place (LAN, WLAN) ?

You're certainly not expected to bring anything except an open mind.  However,
you're
welcome to bring a laptop if you wish (at your own risk).   WLAN is available at
no cost - but don't expect a huge bandwidth.

For talks there is a beamer at the hotel.  - I expect it's not super high
quality -
I think there was somebody on this list (I can't remember who) who was going to
bring some equipment to record the talks.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3