ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] How to your keys ?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] How to your keys ?
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:44:41 -0400

   so why then all these emails that say "Your signed PGP key" ?

I have no idea.  I don't use this overly complicated scheme of
operation, nor do I know why people suggest it.

   And my guess (understanding would be to too much) so far was that
   the attachment contains my key signed by the sender and that I
   should some upload the attachment content to the keyserver.

That would probobly be correct, i.e. your key that has been signed by
the sender.

   Your final step below suggests, however, that I should (1) fetch
   somebody's key from the keyserver (I managed to do that), (2) sign
   it with my key, and (3) upload it to the keyserver again.

Exactly, and then the other party downloads/updates it.