ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 04:00:33 -0400

   > If I had to guess, I'd say that this is part of a long-term
   > conversation in the GNU community about what makes it a welcoming
   > or unwelcoming place for women who hack free software.

   Indeed. I would only add that there is no reason to bundle "hacking
   on free software" with "explicit sexual imagery." It is an
   inefficient use of our time as hackers -- and movement builders --
   to limit ourselves to only those new contributors that are
   interested in both topics.

Humour and being funny is definitly not an inefficent use of my or
anyone else time.  Both can be construed to be inappropriate by
someone at some point in time.

These policies as worded prohibit exactly that.