ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] A visit to the Paris astronomic observatory?

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] A visit to the Paris astronomic observatory?
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 23:58:59 +0200

Hello Alain.

On 2013-08-19 at 23:41, Alain Coulais wrote:

[I had written]
>> At the present time 7 people said they were interested; 6 of them are
>> available any night (Thursday, Friday, Saturday), one of them on
>> Thursday and Friday only.

[update: 15 people, including only one not available on Saturday]

> I am on travel today and tomorrow, landing late
> Wednesday in Paris. Then I will propose to you
> a solution.

Thanks for your work, providing us with this opportunity.  Some of the
people seemed really fascinated by the idea.

However not knowing the date up to the last minute makes things a little
complicated for organizing dinners; we'd like to reserve restaurants for
Friday and Saturday as soon as possible, since we will be a lot.

If that were possible for you, I think it would be best to have the
observatory visit on Thursday; since Thursday's evening was intended to
be "improvised" since the beginning, times will be flexible.  And what
do you think the right time would be?  Is something like 22:30
acceptable?  I really don't know, and again this is important for
organizing the rest of the evening.

Of course you're more than welcome to come with dinner with us as well
:-).

Thanks,

--
Luca Saiu