ghm-discuss

[Ghm-discuss] A banner on www.gnu.org?

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: [Ghm-discuss] A banner on www.gnu.org?
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 18:27:06 +0200

What do you think about advertising our event with a visible banner on
www.gnu.org, similarly to what they did for LibrePlanet?

I'd really like to sort out the program a little more before requesting
this to the gnu.org webmasters (so please be quick), but we probably
should.

What kind of banner would you think appropriate for that?  As much as I
like Sylvain's intro, I fear an animated banner would be rejected as too
distracting.  We need a catchy motto, a GNU head in some form, and
possibly a dominant color.  For a hackers' meeting, I'd propose green on
terminal black.  Maybe we could just lift one frame from Sylvain's
intro, but I fear the command line thing is less obvious when you don't
see the distinction between what the user types and the computer's
reply.

--
Luca Saiu
Home page:   http://ageinghacker.net