ghm-discuss

[Ghm-discuss] Public announcement draft

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: [Ghm-discuss] Public announcement draft
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 15:17:30 +0200

Hello.

I'm drafting the official public announcement, which I'd like to sent to
info-gnu as well -- it's on-topic, according to the list description at
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnu .

What do you think of this text?

Subject: GNU Hackers Meeting 2013 in Paris, France

We are happy to announce the seventh GNU Hackers Meeting, which will
take place from August 22 to August 25 2013 in Paris, France.

The GNU Hackers Meetings are a friendly and informal venue to discuss
technical, social and organizational issues concerning GNU and free
software.

Following the success of the 2011 edition, we will be again generously
hosted by IRILL (http://www.irill.org ), the Center for Research and
Innovation in Free Software.  We have set up an official meeting page
containing practical information at http://www.gnu.org/ghm/2013/paris/ .

As we are still in the process of defining the program, we welcome
your talk proposals.  We are particularly interested in new GNU
programs and recent developments in existing packages, plus any
related topic.  In our experience the audience tends to be technically
competent, so feel free to propose very technical topics as well; we
will try to schedule all such talks together in the same morning or
afternoon session, for the public’s sake.

Registration is free of charge, but in case you want to contribute to
the organization of future meetings, we are glad to accept a small
donation.

The FSF has kindly set up a small fund to help finance (documented)
travel expenses for GNU maintainers and contributors, past and
present.  In case you qualify and you need financial assistance to
attend, please mention this fact in your registration e-mail, along
with all the relevant details including the minimum amount that would
permit you to attend the event, no later than June 24 2013.