ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] Main Topic for 2012

From: Rick C. Hodgin
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] Main Topic for 2012
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 16:34:28 -0400

Linux is GPLv2, and Linus Torvalds and the Linux maintainers are strongly
against v3.

GPLv2 is behind a serious deficiency in copyleft protection with regards to
TiVo-ization, and hardware makers are already creating products to render GPLv2
impotent.

We need strong free software. Not lesser free software that suffers behind a
weak GPLv2 and a base of developers whose philosophical beliefs do not relate
to free software, but only shared collaboration with partial open source, all
the while also allowing closed source proprietary blob contributions.

It's not right, and the two are not the same.

We NEED free software (our own free software) to combat all these intrusions
into / against copyleft. We are one company offering Linus $500 million for
Linux rights away from being done.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin