gforth

Re: Gforth git-master swig dependency

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: Gforth git-master swig dependency
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 14:35:47 +0200

Am Sonntag, 16. August 2020, 12:39:23 CEST schrieb David Kuehling:
> > Am Sonntag, 16. August 2020, 11:07:18 CEST schrieb David Kuehling:
> >> So here I'm somewhat stuck.  Google doesn't turn up any usable
> >> information about how to get a forth-enabled Swig.
> >
> > ./install-swig.sh ./install-freetype-gl.sh
> >
> > Look at install-deps.sh, if you have a Debian system.
>
> Thanks for the hints.  I now got further, but not without problems, and
> still not successful.
>
> Comment about install-freetype-gl.sh: it uses some ugly hack to manually
> install libsoil via /bin/cp and directly installs to /usr (rather than
> /usr/local).  I instead used libsoil's "make install" target which
> seemed to do better.

Yes, that is a kludge, because SOIL2 has a build system that does not even
come with a make install target. Solution: replace broken build system by
automake.

> After resolving those dependencies, gforth-fast minos2/md-test.fs now
> started failing in minos2/font-style.fs.  Seems it needs package
> fonts-noto to continue (maybe just fonts-noto-color-emoji would do).
>
> Then it failed trying to find fa-merged-900.ttf, which doesn't seem to
> be available at all here (Debian).  I had to patch the font-path to
> include "truetype/font-awesome" and substituded fa-merge-900.ttf with
> fontawesome-webfont.ttf (it looked like the right thing to do, but no
> idea whether it actually makes sense).

fontawesome has the strange habit of shipping their fonts in several parts, so
I merged their fonts into one. The open question is how to ship this font for
people who build from source. Probably in a github repository.

> Unfortunately the 'md-test.fs' example does not seem to work
>
> $ gforth-fast ./minos2/md-test.fs $(pwd)/README.md
> [..]
> in file included from *the terminal*:0:-94092433250863:
> in file included from *the terminal*:-1:1:
> minos2/md-test.fs:50:2: error: Undefined word
>
>       >>>v-box<<<
>
> Backtrace:
> kernel/int.fs:572:10                     0 $7FA099496D18 throw

Fixed.  It's now called md-box, to be unambiguous.

> Also minos2/gl-sample.fs only shows an empty window (filled dark-blue).

I'll look into that.

> And minos2/gl-terminal.fs doesn't open any window at all.

Needs '>screen' to be activated.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o id: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy@X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*