gforth

[gforth] Gforth for Android can't unpack its files or read .gforthrc

From: Ethan Gardener
Subject: [gforth] Gforth for Android can't unpack its files or read .gforthrc
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 12:07:10 +0000

Just installed Gforth on a reconditioned Moto G4 (Android 7).  On startup,
Gforth pops up a box, "Unpacking files" with a spinner.  In that same box, it
reports, "error: no space left".

There's 3 problems:

1: The box goes away very quickly, I barely have time to read the error (and
I'm a fast reader)

2: The lack of space is not true, there's 8.1GB free

3: It seems reading is blocked too, because I manually made
/sdcard/gforth/home/.gforthrc and it doesn't read it.

#3 is a severe problem for my usage.  If #2 means it can't write files at all,
that will be a severe problem in the future.

Possibly related to a report 2 months ago, "[gforth] Android regression on no
external SD", but mine doesn't freeze.

--
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden
Nash