gforth

Re: [gforth] gforth fails to start on Android 7?

From: Joel Rees
Subject: Re: [gforth] gforth fails to start on Android 7?
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 08:23:41 +0900

2018年7月2日(月) 7:47 Bernd Paysan <address@hidden>:
Am Montag, 2. Juli 2018, 00:24:38 CEST schrieb Joel Rees:
> No sd card in the machine, and the file manager doesn't show me any
> /sdcard.

Gforth needs an /sdcard.  Not having one is easily explaining why it doesn't
work.

I'll check if I can make it so that it works even when there's no /sdcard
available.

/sdcard is not necessarily on the SD card.  It's shared storage, which you can
access with other programs, too.  This is very useful for Gforth, because you
can copy and edit files using your file manager, and then load them into
Gforth.

I'm not positive the mount-point directory is not there. Android file managers are strange about what they choose to show. But explicitly giving gforth permission to access the file system made no difference.