gforth

Re: [gforth] A few questions

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] A few questions
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 23:38:49 +0100

Am Samstag, 22. November 2014, 14:08:58 schrieb Jerry DeLisle:
> I have a need to generate some audio patterns out to the computer speakers.
>
> I have studied the alsa software libraries on my machines here and think I
> can use that to generate some sinusoidal wave forms.
>
> Before I dive into the effort, is there any existing Forth tool to consider?
>
> Has anyone else done this already?
>
> Any suggestions other than using alsa?
>
> Comments and suggestions welcome.

A mixed Dutch/German group (using mostly iForth) has done a lot with the JACK
audio system.  2009, the German of them made a presentation on Forth Tagung,
here are the slides:

http://www.forth-ev.de/filemgmt_data/files/iJACK.pdf

The e-mails are on the last slide, contact them.

--
Bernd Paysan
http://bernd-paysan.de/