gforth

Re: [gforth] 'make install' of 0.7.1 and 0.7.2 failed on Debian 7.1 on x

From: Marcos Cruz
Subject: Re: [gforth] 'make install' of 0.7.1 and 0.7.2 failed on Debian 7.1 on x86
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 00:16:45 +0200

En/Je/On 2013-08-19 23:38, Bernd Paysan escribió / skribis / wrote :

> You probably don't have an emacs installed, so compiling gforth.elc
> fails.

Right. I use Vim :)

> Ok, the problem with 0.7.1 is known and was (quickly) fixed in 0.7.2.

I dont't understand. Do you mean the installation problem was different
in 0.7.1?

I have removed everything about Emacs from both Makefile files and now
the installations work fine, 0.7.1 and 0.7.2.

> Maybe we should move gforth.elc last, because it might have not been
> built due to a missing emacs, and in that case, it is not needed ;-)

Maybe 'configure' could detect if Emacs is installed?

Thank you.
Marcos

--
http://programandala.net