gforth

Re: [gforth] Some newbie problems

From: Anton Ertl
Subject: Re: [gforth] Some newbie problems
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 21:59:03 +0100

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:42:46AM -0300, Carlos Pita wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm giving a try to gforth and I would like to solve two minor but
> annoying issues:
>
> 1) Ctrl-K is not working both in the stable version and in the cvs
> one. It does funny things instead of the usual readline behavior.

Unfortunately, Gforth does not use readline.  Maybe we should.

Anyway, I see that in Gforth-0.6.2, Ctrl-k deleted the whole line.
Nowadays it logically deletes the whole line, but the characters from
the cursor onwards remain visible in my xterm.  I guess that's a bug,
then.  Bernd?

> 2) tags.fs: the tags generated by the stable version of this utility
> are rejected by vim because they're not in order (?). When I invoke
> the bleeding-edge cvs version from the cli as "gforth tags.fs
> myfile.fs" it just enters the interpreter and loads both files,
> without doing anything else.

It should create a tags file as a side effect.

> The usage documentations states:
>
> \ usage: gforth tags.fs your_files.fs ...
> \  then: vi -t word_name

Works in VIM 7.1 on my Debian system, but I see a complaint about the
tags file not being sorted.  You write that sorting the tags file
helps; in that case, we could just pipe the stuff through sort using
OPEN-PIPE (I'm not sure how to direct the result to tags, but I have
some ideas).

- anton