gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] Localization

From: SPISSER REINHARD
Subject: [Gforge-devel] Localization
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 16:42:58 +0100

I'm here again for the Localization issues 8^)

We are currently 3 people interested in replacing hard-coded strings with
getText() calls:
1) Me
2) Francois Elie
3) Ryan Sammartino

I think we can easily start with the latest rewritten code, such as the
document manager. In order to avoid conflicts with the xhtml compliance, we can
start with the files in common/. I'm also interested in learning xhtml, so
while I replace text in .php files, I can also code for xhtml compliance. The
job for Ed Ritter should be easier this way. I think we should coordinate to do
this job.

Tim, on which parts of gforge can we start to work on? I think we can start
with:
- frs
- project homepage
- document manager
- tracker
- project manager.

Translations:
1) Reiner Jung for german
2) Ryan Sammartingo for spanish
3) me for italian

P.S. I've written a small utility that allows to check which parts of the .tab
files are not used in the code. This could be useful for already-translated
.tab files.

Reinhard