gf.asm_generic mistake immediately after a mesh change

From: Lorenzo Ferro
Subject: gf.asm_generic mistake immediately after a mesh change
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 16:00:11 +0200

Dear All,

I'm experimenting with mesh changes (a sequence like del_convex -> del_point -> add_point -> add_convex -> set_region) and relevant MeshFEM automatic adaptation with the Python interface.

I found out that as soon as I update mesh and regions, if after that I try to run a test assembly method for example just to calculate the total area of the mesh elements (via gf.asm_generic) I achieve a completely wrong result,
but,
after just running a Model method like "md.set_time(0.)" and then running immediately "gf.asm_generic" then I achieve the correct result!

Is this a bug? or is there some logic behind this behaviour?

Thank you,
Lorenzo